- In the weeks prior to the Quick-Start:
- the feature backlog is refined and prioritised (using WSJF), and;
- the people who will be doing the work are grouped in teams of 7+/- 2 with a Scrum Master and a Product Owner
- Day 1 and 2 of the Quick-Start all the teams attend the 2-day SAFe for Teams training, sitting at team tables with their product owners. During the training they work with real features from the program backlog.
- Day 3 and 4 the train holds its first PI Planning event.
- Day 5 the Scrum Master and Product Owners attend role specific orientation training
- And then you start sprinting!
Getting back to the point, you may have noticed the textbook Quick-Start is only five days. So where did this sixth day come from?